The Ministry of Environment and Energy (Directorate of Natural Resources and Biodiversity Management) and the Green Fund, in collaboration with the EU Environment Directorate-General, organized a workshop on December 12, 2018, aiming to better prepare the drafting of Greece’s new Prioritised Action Framework (2021-2027).
The preparation for the country’s new PAF will be coordinated through the LIFE-IP 4 NATURA Project.
This process covers:
- the monitoring of the current PAF (2014-2020) through specific indicators,
- setting priorities for the new basis of the country’s Reports on the State of the Environment and
- public consultation with stakeholders and interested parties on the specification of the new measures and policies.
The Ministry of Environment and Energy and the Green Fund will develop the 2021-2027 national Priority Action Framework (PAF) for the financing of the NATURA 2000 sites, covering the following subject areas:
- defining objectives and priorities,
- describing the measures / actions to be funded,
- exploring potential EU financial contribution,
- monitoring and evaluating the implementation of the program.
The workshop also aimed to present the various European Union financial instruments for the Natura 2000 network, and to engage the relevant managing authorities in this discussion.